Getting to Oakthwaite Guesthouse
- From the M6 motorway take the A66 heading west towards Keswick.
- After about 16 miles from the motorway, take the first exit into Keswick and head for the town centre.
- You will soon pass a BP garage on your left, after which you will go under a railway bridge.
- Take the fourth turning on the left after the railway bridge, at the Conservative Club. This is Greta Street.
- Helvellyn Street is the second street running across Greta street. Turn left onto Helvellyn Street; Oakthwaite House is the third house on the left from the junction of Greta Street and Helvellyn Street.
Distances to Keswick from several places around the UK, click here
GPS works too using our postcode – see our address below.
Telephone 017687 72398
Penrith, the gateway to the northern Lake District and Keswick, is on a regular and fast train service between London and Glasgow/Edinburgh. Once at Penrith, catch a bus, the X4/X5 to Keswick. View this timetable in the next section.
Alternatively, if you are flying into Manchester, there is a regular train service between Manchester airport and Windermere. From there catch the 554/555/556 to Keswick.
There is a wide range of bus services to and from Keswick from a number of destinations, in and out of the Lake District. The X4/X5 service that runs between Penrith and Workington is the one to use if travelling up by train.