Getting to Oakthwaite Guesthouse
- From the M6 motorway take the A66 heading west towards Keswick.
- After about 16 miles from the motorway, take the first exit into Keswick and head for the town centre.
- You will soon pass a BP garage on your left, after which you will go under a railway bridge.
- Take the fourth turning on the left after the railway bridge, at the Conservative Club. This is Greta Street. (Please see our ‘Home Page’ regarding the Penrith Road (A5271) road closure and routes to our establishment.
- Helvellyn Street is the second street running across Greta street. Turn left onto Helvellyn Street; Oakthwaite House is the third house on the left from the junction of Greta Street and Helvellyn Street.
Distances to Keswick from several places around the UK, click here
GPS works too using our postcode – see our address below.
Telephone 017687 72398
Penrith, the gateway to the northern Lake District and Keswick, is on a regular and fast train service between London and Glasgow/Edinburgh. Once at Penrith, catch a bus, the X4/X5 to Keswick.
Alternatively, if you are flying into Manchester, there is a regular train service between Manchester airport and Windermere. From there catch the 554/555/556 to Keswick.
There is a wide range of bus services to and from Keswick from a number of destinations, in and out of the Lake District. The X4/X5 service that runs between Penrith and Workington is the one to use if travelling up by train.
Disruption to X4, X5, X9 & 555 services 14 Aug 2019 to 02 Dec 2019
Cumbria County Council are carrying out a Flood Alleviation Scheme on Penrith Road, Keswick which is expected to commence 2nd September 2019, with an approximate duration of 14 weeks.
Due to these works the X4, X5, X9 and 555 services will be disrupted. Please see below for details of the diversion.
Services X4/X5 & X9
Coming from the Cockermouth direction, buses will operate to Keswick bus station as normal. When leaving Keswick bus station, towards Penrith, buses will no longer travel via Penrith Road and will instead divert via Crosthwaite Road, and take the A66 back onto the normal route. All bus stops on Penrith Road, between Keswick bus station and Low Briary will not be serviced during this time.
Buses heading from Penrith to Keswick will operate via the A66 and Crosthwaite Road into Keswick bus station.
Between Keswick bus station and Chestnut Hill, services will operate via Crosthwaite Road, onto the A66 and take Penrith Road to the junction at Chestnut Hill. Bus stops on the usual route between Keswick bus station and Chestnut Hill will not be serviced during this time.
If you have any further questions, please call 01900 604 588 or tweet them @StagecoachCNL.